Make it a meal to remember with our tried
and tested home cooking recipes.
Roast Pork with Winter
Vegetables and Apple Gravy
Boneless pork leg roasting joint
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
2 tbsp chopped parsley
2 tbsp chopped thyme, plus a few extra sprigs
1 tbsp chopped sage
4 generous sprays of oil
3 carrot, halved lengthways, then cut across
6 small potatoes (500g), halved
2 red onion, cut into wedges
12 garlic clove
1 small celeriac (650g), peeled and cut into 12 wedges
For the gravy
2 tbsp cornflour
1 small Bramley apple, diced
600ml reduced-salt chicken stock
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Cut any fat off the pork so that you’re left with a lean joint.
Spread with the mustard and sprinkle on the chopped herbs and black pepper.
Place the prosciutto slices on top of the pork to protect the areas where the fat has been removed.
Oil a large roasting tin and put the pork in the centre. Surround with the vegetables, season with thyme, then spray again and cover with foil.
Turn the oven up to 220C/200C fan/gas 7 and roast for 1 hour.
Uncover, spray again and roast for another 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the gravy mix the cornflour with a little water to make a wet paste, heat the stock in a pan, stir in the paste and stir until thickened.
- Add the apple and cook for 5 mins until it’s softened but still holds its shape.
- Remove the meat from the tin and pour any juices tin into the gravy.
- While the pork rests, spray the veg with oil and roast for 20 mins until brown.
- Carve the pork, plate the vegetables and gravy and serve.